For Marinade/ CULT Cabernet and Hoisin Sauce
Yields 6 Portions – 6-6oz Top Sirloin
6oz Hoisin Sauce
1oz Chili Paste
6oz Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
3oz Sesame Oil
3oz Grated Fresh Ginger
10oz Apricot Preserves
3oz CULT Cabernet Sauvignon
Place all ingredients in blender and puree for 2-3 minutes. Reserve half of the mixture for the Hoisin Sauce that will accompany the meal. Place Top Sirloin in medium dish suitable for marinating cover Top Sirloin with marinade. Let marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Note: this marinade can be brushed on meat while grilling.
For Spicy Noodle Sauce
5oz Lundberg Family Farms Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta
2.5oz Olive Oil EV (We use Tessa’s from Salvestrin Family Winery)
7oz Sesame Oil
7oz Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
3oz Chili Oil
3Tbsp Minced Fresh Ginger
2Tbsp Organic Cane sugar
2 Bunches of Chopped Scallions
Cook Pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes and drain. Place the remaining ingredients in blender except for the Scallions. Puree for 3 minutes. Pour sauce into bowl, add drained noodles and scallions and toss.
1. Remove Top Sirloin from Marinade and Place on a medium to high heat Charcoal or Wood Grill. Grill to an internal temperature of 130degrees for Medium Rare. The marinade will caramelize on the meat when grilled, don’t worry, this is flavor. Let the meat rest for 3-5 minutes on cutting board.
2. Slice an apricot into ¼ inch slices. Toss with 2Tbsp Mirin and 1Tbsp Olive Oil and a pinch of pure cane sugar in a bowl and then grill them while the meat is resting on cutting board.
3. Make a nice nest of noodles on plate and garnish with the grilled apricot and sliced scallion.
4. Slice the Top Sirloin thin and shingle it on the plate.
5. Put remaining CULT Cabernet and Hoisin Sauce in squirt bottle and artfully sauce the meat. Garnish with fresh green onion or baby greens.